Friday, April 10
Monday, February 23
Thanks to all of you who followed my Oscars Twitter feed last night--I had a blast snarking along with all of my friendlies, both "real" and online!
Tuesday, February 10
Posted by Madison_Ave at 8:56 AM
Tuesday, January 27
Well, as some of you may have seen on Twitter, I once upon a time promised a round-up of Golden Globe fashion and, well, apparently . . . I lied.
I’m not proud of myself, people!
Sorry, kiddies—what can I say? I got swept up in sketches for my own Oscar gown, on the off- (but VERY exciting) chance that I get to go this year with Reegs. (related aside: SQUEE!!! The Oscars!)
So I hope you will understand that sometimes, a fashion brainstorm simply has to take priority.
Those of you who felt it necessary to CALL ME OUT on Twitter (coughPaigecough) can go take a leap into the
In the meantime, here’s a link to a great recap of the SAG award fashions.
My own thoughts (since of course my opinion is the only one that really counts) on some of the highlights:
Emily Blunt: should step away from the Reynolds Wrap.
Angelina: Really? That’s the best you can do, babe?
Evan Rachel Wood: Liking the matchy-matchy shoes and bag.
Jane Krakowski: You have scarred me for life.
Christina Applegate: I’m going to disagree with the TWOP folks, here—I really like the flapper vibe that she’s working.
Lisa Edelstein: Hott. That’s how to wear color, people.
January Jones: may be suffering from a severe head trauma.
Please to share your opinions, girlies!
location: The Closet
Oscar gown: in progress
Monday, December 15
Friendlies, I have just the one question for you on this fine winter afternoon:
Have you been to iheartdaily yet?
And if not, WHY NOT?
(Okay, yeah, technically that was two questions. BUT REALLY. Why the delay?)
For serious, visit the site. Sign up for the newsletter. Follow the Twitter feed. iheartdaily is a free daily email of cool stuff.
It’s that simple: Free. Daily. Cool.
Brought to you by two fabu former magazine editors/current major stylistas, Melissa Walker and Anne Ichikawa. Needless to say, girlfriends have excellent taste.
Fashion. Entertainment. Beauty. News.
i heartheartheart iheartdaily.
You will, too.
location: the Bradbrary
currently reading: um, iheartdaily. duh.
pressing question/s: see above.
Friday, December 12
Reegs has had the brilliantissimo idea of getting the gang together tonight for some stress-reduce-age in the form of bowl-a-rama. Normally, I’d be all about the pins (and needles), but in this particular case, I’m feeling likely to strike out.
(I’m obvs stressed when I’m punning with absolutemente zero remorse.)
I dunno . . . a certain someone and I have been trying to be all normal-like and pretend that nothing happened at the Hollywood Ball, but a big group outing might be a little too close for comfort. I’d be lying if I said that there wasn't something about his goofy grin that sends me spinning. No matter how much I try to deny it.
Ugh. Let’s face it. I’ve got to get my mind out of the gutter.
location: the Bradbrary—finals are a’comin!
status: spin-ny. Alas.
soundtrack: eighties remix on the iPod. Perfect studying tunes. NOT. But I can’t say no to classic Madge.
Posted by Madison_Ave at 4:57 PM
Monday, September 8
For reals—who all caught the MTV VMAs last night? 'Cause let me tell you, there was fashion, and there were faux-pas. A lot. Of both.
Much as I know you friendlies are hanging on my every cyber-word, I didn't live blog, because yours truly couldn’t be distracted from the task of viewing with Spence and Paige. We sipped our custom-mixed saketinis (thanks for the recipe, Dad) each and every time a single soul referenced the possibility of a comeback by one Britney Spears. An upscale drinking game, if you will. Needless to say, things were a touch blurry about twenty minutes in.
Your consolation prize, then, is a round-up of my favorite fashions from the evening, for better or for worse. (Caveat: if you disagree with little old me, just keep it under your hat. I’m offering this as a service to the masses and am not especially looking for constructive criticism.)
Now, without further ado, the good, the bad, and the HOLY GABBANA.
- Miley Cyrus actually managed to look cute, flirty, and totally age-appropriate. Go figure.
- A-Simp was rockin’ the preggers belly with some seriously sexy red hair and a goth vibe. Me likey.
- Note to Chase Crawford: Call me!
- I think I have a girl crush on Bar Refaeli. She should be, like, a model or something.
- She-Pratt could use a good steaming for the dress, and a body scrub to de-orange-ify her fake-bake. I’m just sayin’.
- What is going on with Cisco Adler? It’s like someone smacked him with a hipster stick. Try one trend at a time, homeboy.
- Okay, so there’s nothing particularly wrong with Spencer Pratt's attire. Regardless, I still chose to blame him.
- I’m all about the whole “You can never be too rich or too thin” thing, but seriously? Nicky Hilton needs to eat a sandwich, stat.
THE HOLY GABBANA!
- Brooke Hogan better not bend over.
- Kristen Stewart should prolly have kept the top up on the ride over. Or at least packed a brush.
- She has voluntarily chosen to get horizontal with Spencer, which is a disaster. But the real issue I have with Heidi Montag is her cut-out booties and off-the-shoulder potato sack.
- Perez Hilton is mad for plaid. Me, I’m just a little queasy taking in the whole outfit.
location: the den
crimes of fashion: numerous